Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthday bliss.


This is a picture of the birthday guy with his gift from Big Cedar. I think we should come here every year for his birthday, but I’m not sure I can convince him of that.

We’ve been really blessed to have power through all this ice. Many neighboring areas are out of power. I really don’t know what we’d do if we lost power, here. It’s not like we could move all our stuff because our car is iced to the parking lot. I guess they could cart us off somewhere, but we’d have to leave our stuff. It would be an experience that wouldn’t be fun; we’d probably learn more things we never wanted to know! So, I thank God that we’ve been blessed, again, with power.

The shuttle took us over to Big Cedar’s fitness room today. It’s so gorgeous to watch out the windows as we work out. We are so richly blessed to have this opportunity and to have it go so well for us. That was plenty of getting out for us. I should have brought boots (I don’t even have boots!) so I could go out hiking in this. But, it’s really too cold to hike. Dana, you might be tough enough to go out and get pictures in this, but I’m not. I have a few pictures and I’ll get them on the blog here and there.

I thank God that I can even work out! I was scheduled for surgery a year ago today, but they postponed it because of a fluke in my ultrasound. When they realized the ultrasound was okay they proceeded with the surgery on the 30th and all was well, but it was frustrating. Let’s put it this way: we weren’t relaxing at a wonderful resort. We were blessed to have a wonderful apartment where we could spend that time. One time Don said, "This is almost like being in a condo." I had to smile. It did have it’s similarities, but it was way more rugged than this time in this condo! God love him!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Honeyman....sorry I'm late.

    Love you both gobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, it is hard to believe it has been a year since surgery. Oh my, times does fly. I suppose to you, it has not flown quite so quickly. You do have so much to be thankful for as you said. Just to be able to exercise and to have a mate like your wonderful Don. May God continue his blessings for you both. Enjoy each and every moment. It was 3 yrs ago on 1/22 that Les passed away. Spring did a wonderful DVD of pictures of his lift, some of the day he died as we chose pictures for the funeral home, as we made arrangements, lunch afterward. Then she included the pics she made during visitation, going into the Chapel, and at the cemetery, even a video of his two buck-dancing friends doing their "thing" as he had requested in a written note. This was done right before he was lowered into the grave. I enjoy watching the DVD from time to time as it brings back so many wonderful memories...I cherish those memories!! I want to wish Don a belated Happy Birthday!!!!
    Much love,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, it's not late! Everyday is a great day to celebrate! We hope you're feeling back to normal!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's flown for me, too, Eb! Thanks for recognizing my wonderful Don!

    It's hard to believe that Les has been gone that long. I loved the picture of you two on FB; what a sweet site and precious memory for you, I'm sure. I know you fussed that they put it on there, but I loved it! Les was such a hoot.

    I'm glad you enjoy that DVD that Spring made for you. Precious memories and precious grandkids to help us retain them!

    Don thanks you for the birthday wishes; he can use them every day. There's no such thing as a late birthday wish, we think!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete