Thursday, January 15, 2009

Precious memories and profuse thanks!



The picture tonight is from last year when Ruthie and Phil were here with us. Actually, that’s not Don in the picture; he’s taking the picture of us with the bear at Big Cedar. Linda, I found a shot of Ruthie and Phil with the whole, huge Christmas tree; I think I’ll go ahead and put that on there, too, so you can see how huge that tree was.

I hate that Ruthie and Phil have been battling a nasty bug and haven’t been able to join us, yet. Maybe they can come, yet, but so far they don’t feel secure health-wise to make the trip.

Last night Windows did some kind of update on the computer, so it was shutting down when we got up this morning. The computer was stuck in that mode, so I didn’t know what was happening. I was afraid the computer was crashing on me, so I got out my external hard drive and backed up everything I didn’t want to lose as soon as I got it going again. That gave me the opportunity to rummage through some old pictures, and I found these that I used on the blog today.

Man, so much has happened in the last year. This time last year I was longing for hair; little did I dream that I’d get curls! I felt pretty good, then, because I was done with chemo and on my way to surgery and radiation. I’d forgotten how good it feels to really feel good. I go all day without a nap nearly every day, but I sure had to have naps then! I was so glad to be able to see people I loved after being shut up due to chemo. This year I can go anywhere, even in crowds! I’m still a nut about washing my hands, but I’ve been so blessed to be healthy. I thank God for the recovery that I’ve enjoyed; for hair and even curls; for energy and apparent healing. I thank Him so for family and friends!

My toes are still ugly, but they don’t hurt. My fingernails are fine and my fingers can hold onto everything; I can sew and write. I really feel so blessed! I’m learning to be a curly headed person. Look in that picture from last year; I was wearing two white hats and a pink one plus two shirts and a coat. I was a freezing, bald person. This year it’s so much better and I sure give thanks! Woo hoo! (Ruthie and Phil, come join us at Big Cedar; the bear is still there, although not dressed for Christmas and the tree is gone.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo & Don!!
    That is a great shot of the huge beautiful tree. The Christmas Tree ball ornaments are bigger than Ruthie and Phil's heads! I like the necktie that Mr. Big Bear is wearing too! Even wearing his necktie I would still hate to meet the big guy on a hike! Scary. It is 8 degrees right now here in southern middle Tennessee at 6:30 am. Yep, up at 6 am. Ha. Hope ya'll are staying warm. Don, eat some of Jo's delicious gravy and biscuits for me. (That's three.)
    Love to you both, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you're a hoot! (That's three; folks, you just had to be there for that one.) We sure miss you two; it was a great fun time having you here with us.

    It's freezing cold here. It was 12 today. They had to turn the fountains off because the water was freezing. The ponds are solid. Yesterday they were about 95% frozen and I took the blueberry bread out to the ducks. They were a hoot sliding on the ice! Today they were flying around, but they didn't hang around the pond; I guess they were just checking in case there was a hole where they could take a dip.

    Brrrrr, but it's warm inside.

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete