Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tom and Linda are home, and safe. Thank you, God.



This picture is from the other day when we were hiking. I was smiling big, then. Today has been okay, but it was sad because Tom and Linda left for home. The good thing is that I talked to Linda around 7 and they had just gotten home. I’m so grateful that they got home safely, but we sure miss them!

We had a good day, but we just missed them. They are so like family and we don’t see them often, so it was hard to see them go home. We had breakfast with them before they left and then Don and I went over and did our exercises. They’ve been doing that with us, so it was just different without them. It’s like Linda always helps me load the dishwasher, etc., and I was back on my own after they left. I always do it on my own, so it’s not that I need the help, but it’s just that I enjoy her company. I sure thank God for good friends and opportunities to stay in touch and spend time with them.

After our exercises and cleaning up, we took a nice nap. Then we went grocery shopping and then came home and did laundry. I just remembered that I forgot to put the last load into the dryer. Ugh. Okay, it’s in there, now. Luckily it’s the load I want to get out before it’s dry to dry on hangers, anyway. That saves the ironing. I’ll get it all out and hang it up after I brush my teeth and do all the bedtime rituals, like the neti pot, etc. So, things are back to regular around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment