Sunday, January 4, 2009

Warm was so nice!


Here’s another picture of me climbing yesterday with my cane in my left hand and the stick I’d picked up for Tom in my right hand. I am a huge fan of hiking sticks! In our trip before the last one in Hawaii I ordered a real hiking stick from Australia for hiking in Hawaii. I should have brought it with me, but, I forgot it! A good stick is always in the woods calling me, though. I didn’t go back and get the other one today; it was too cold. I’m sure nobody else got it. If it’s too cold for me, I know it’s too cold for everyone else. Nobody comes to Branson to hike except us. Ha!

We went to church this morning and then meant to spend a quiet afternoon at home. Not. The cleaning people came and said they had a rule that they couldn’t clean while we were here. We didn’t plan to go anywhere! We wanted them to put on new sheets in the ‘guest’ side of our unit and replace all out towels, plus vacuum, etc., so we went over to the activity center and watched the football game. Luckily we’re about the only ones here, so Don got to watch whatever he was watching; I did some exercises and read a book. It was nice to come back to a nice, clean unit, but we’ll schedule it next week for while we’re at church. They don’t have many people who stay over past their week, so this was new for all of us. I’ve got some more exercises to do, but I’m skipping walking today. I could go down and walk on the treadmill in the fitness room, but I’m just taking an off day from walking.

I thank God for an off day. I know He gets it because He took Sunday for rest. I won’t backslide because I know the walking is too good for me. I think Don and I are going to get up and walk on the tread mills first thing in the morning. He did that today but I had too much to do to get ready for church so I did the maintenance thing while he walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment