Thursday, January 22, 2009

Huff, puff . . .



We had an awesome walk today! The temperature was 60 or maybe a little more, but there was no wind; it was sunshiny, so it was perfect for walking. We found a trail that is paved and nearly flat and went for 2.2 miles. We walked the whole trail and back, so that’s 4.4 miles. Then we walked some more, so I’m sure we walked over 5 miles. Whew! I’m exhausted, but I so thank God that we could do it! I thank Him for the perfect day and for the ability to do it.

We came home and went over to the fitness center and worked out with the weights. Then Don beat me in a game of Ping-Pong. By then I could barely stand, but he trusted me to give him a haircut! We had dinner and now I’ve got to jiggle and then I’ll be ready to curl up and watch a little TV before bed. I bet I sleep like a brick tonight!

Tom and Linda, we thought of you the whole way today. You would have loved that hike and we’re sorry we didn’t know about it sooner so we could have gone. We’ll know to go there the next time you meet us here. It was right along the lake. We got lots of pictures, so I’ll be posting pictures from this hike for a while. Today’s picture is so you’ll know how tired I was. This huge rock was along the trail, and I couldn’t resist leaning back on it. My back was so happy to have a rest!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Foot! I had a funny comment and forgot it waiting on this page to load.. A sign of the times. Oh yea, that hike sounds perfect and I'm sorry we missed it too but that's ok. The paved trail sounds interesting and the views pretty. Seen any good movies lately... We haven't. For some reason our theater in Tullahoma stopped the weekday matinees. We miss you all too. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Revolutionary Road today and would NOT recommend it; it was a total waste in our opinion.

    Foot! That's another thing my mom used to say. Are you sure you weren't in my family?

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete