Monday, January 19, 2009

An off day.





On the blog tonight is one Don took December 31st of 2007 when we were here in Branson. Raynie was almost 6 months old and I felt like I had hardly seen her. I had been on chemo the whole 1st 6 months of her life and I mostly had to stay away from kids because my immune system was so low I had nothing to fight off infections they often carry. I was so thrilled to get to hold her and she seemed to think it was so funny! I had on that same sweater tonight and Don took the other picture that I posted. The hair still amazes me, but I had way more fun with Raynie than I had making those Chex tonight. The blogger didn't post them in the order I explained, but you can see it right. I'm sure I was the one who did it wrong, but I can't figure out how to make it right; thanks for working with me!



I took an off day today. Don let me sleep until 9:30! I wasn’t sick. I just sleep until someone wakes me. He was reading, so there was no noise to wake me. We had breakfast late, since I was so late getting up. Then we did our workout, and I WON OUR PING-PONG game! I think I’ve never won before. I come close a lot, but I really don’t remember winning. Doris called right in the middle of our game and I think she was good luck for me.



We both read all afternoon and had chili for a late lunch. That was already cooked so that was easy! Then we just snacked instead of supper. How lazy, but it’s been a real vacation day. I’ve got to jiggle and then this day is done with a smile. I thank God for time to relax and a wonderful person to be my partner in relaxing. "Our" pond is still frozen, but it wasn’t bitter cold today; there was no wind, so that helped. The ducks aren’t around since the pond is frozen, but they’ll be back and I have treats for them when they return.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to have "off days". I could use some of those...but I will relax as I read about yours. I am glad y'all are having a good time! Blessings to you both! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Your ears must be burning because I talked to Doris yesterday and asked how you're feeling.

    We're having a great time, but we miss you all. We'll hope to see you when we come for my next appointment on the 24th; our plan is to come the 21st and hang out some before the appointment.

    I'm glad you're feeling better; time is flying right on past!

    Love you all,

    Jo XOXO

    ReplyDelete