Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A green pumelo venture!



The picture on the blog tonight is one Don took the night before Tom and Linda left as we were eating a pumelo. A pumelo is supposed to be sweet, but this one was very tart! See the one on the bar? They were too green. I had never had any that weren’t sweet, so I was shocked when Tom took the first bite and wrinkled up his face. I thought he was pulling my leg. It was pretty funny; another fun memory! I had them in the fridge, but I’ve got that other one left out on the bar in hopes that it will ripen.

Today was a really lazy day. We did out exercises (I’m so glad we have the fitness center, because it’s too cold to be walking outside!) and then came back to the condo. Don has been working on taxes (!? He’s obsessed; bless his heart.) I spent the day reading a book and calling to check on friends back home. I’ve got a pot of chili cooking so we’ll have it for tomorrow. It’s supposed to be really cold tomorrow, too.

My dear friend, Ann Nelson, who you’ve seen pictured on the blog and who posts from time to time started our day of bright with a phone call this morning. She broke her hip on December 19th and she’s been recovering. I thought I hadn’t heard from her because she was so busy with the holidays, but she’s had a tough holiday season. Bless her heart. I was so glad to hear from her and glad she is doing better, now.

I thank God for friends and family who mean so much in our lives. I thank God for Ann and her husband, Jim, and pray that He will give them courage and strength through her recovery. I thank Him for cell phones and the Internet so that we can all keep in touch, too. I was terrible at keeping in touch with people through snail mail! Modern communication conveniences are wonderful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment