Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ugly toe nails, but they don't hurt!



These feet aren’t pretty, but they get me 2-4 miles a day, so I’m so happy to have them. Maybe those toes are ugly because I walk so much? We’ll see if they stay ugly or if they grow out to be nice, again. I thank God that the neuropathy is minimal and I can wear shoes and use my hands!


Today I did my workout by myself because Don has worn some raw spots from working out too much. I think he was afraid to play Ping-Pong with me, again. Ha! No, I need to clarify that. I beat him and I’ll never forget it, but he really could have beat me in a New York minute. He’s so kind. He doesn’t slam the ball when he plays with me. I could never keep up with that, so he doesn’t do it. Isn’t that kind? We used to play tennis and I would only play with him if he played using his right hand, (He’s left handed.) so I could have a chance. I’m sure I never won at tennis, but I could compete as long as he played with his right hand. He uses his right hand in some sports, but it wasn’t his comfortable hand in tennis. Anyway, lest you think I’m really good or that he’s really bad, understand that we play with a ‘no slam’ rule.


I cooked meals today. I’m really grateful for a great kitchen that is nicely equipped for whatever I want to cook. We enjoy eating at home rather than eating out. Eating out is nice for a treat sometimes, but mostly we are grateful to get to eat our regular meals just like at home.


Thank you for keeping up with us. I know we get boring; especially when the picture I post is of my FEET! I want you to know that life after breast cancer is pretty good. I have no complaints and only profuse thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment