Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yep; we climbed all over that hill.


The picture on the blog tonight is one Don took of me as we were climbing back up the hill on our hike today. I was so glad I had my cane with me. I remembered that when we were in Hawaii and hiking with Tom and Linda, he said what a help a walking stick was. I thought they might want to hike down that trail, so I picked up a stick for him. Boy, was I glad! I used his stick AND my cane to get around the hill and it sure helped. I picked up another stick for him since I’d taken over the first one. The extra one became cumbersome, so Don suggested I throw it over into the woods and go back and get it tomorrow. I hope it’s there; surely it will be because nobody was back there hiking but us. It was near the beginning of the trail, so I don’t have far to go to get it.

We hiked around for about an hour and I’m bushed! I think it’s from the cooking I did after we got home, not the hiking. We went grocery shopping and they had chicken breasts and tenders on sale (about half price), so we bought 12 pounds of chicken. I came home and cooked it all in the oven. Of course that called for me to clean the oven. (As Don said, I didn’t have to clean it because they’re coming to clean tomorrow, but my mother made me do it. She’s been dead over 20 years, but only her body is gone; she’s right here with me and there’s no way I’d leave that oven a mess for someone else to clean!) They had foil on the bottom, so it wasn’t that big a deal except that I’d just sliced all that chicken and layered it on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Tomorrow I’ll put it into plastic bags to get out and use for single meals. It feels good to have plenty of chicken done which will probably last us for the rest of the time we’re here.

Everyone except us has checked out and gone home, so when we walked by the pool it was empty. That’s my clue to go swimming. I love it when there is nobody but me there. I’ll go swim and make my arm happy. Then I’ve got some more exercises to do before bed, but I’m going to go to bed as soon as I can. My body is so ready for rest!

We had a wonderful visit with Bill and Olya and the girls. I sure thank God that they could come and join us for a couple of days. The time flew, but it was sure fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment