Friday, January 23, 2009

Revolutionary Road is a zero.



This picture is made on our trek yesterday. This was the hike after the 4.4 mile hike. You can tell I was pretty frazzled. Check out all the details in the picture, though. In the center on top of the hill is the Chalet; to the left of that is the dam that makes Tablerock Lake. Directly behind my head and to the right is the trout hatchery. Level with my elbow and over to the right is a little falls where they let fish out from the hatchery. See the 5 guys standing in the water fishing? I just love this stuff! Where the guys are fishing looks like a river, but it’s Lake Tanycomo.


It’s a good thing we walked so much yesterday because we didn’t walk at all today. I got up and felt icky, so I went back to bed for a nap. After the nap I was fine, but I thought I’d better not push it and go walking. I did all the other exercises, but left off the walking since I did so much yesterday. I’ll go back to the fitness room tomorrow. I feel fine, now. I think I just needed more rest this morning.


This afternoon we went to see Revolutionary Road. It was a total waste; we’d give it a 0 on a scale of 1-10.


I’m going to bed early tonight and hope to give this body lots of good rest. I think I need it after the battering I gave it yesterday. Tomorrow I’ve got to get us packed to move to Big Cedar on Sunday after church. We’ll pack up and check out before church and then go out to Big Cedar to check in after church.


This getaway has been good for us. I thank God for the opportunity to do it. It’s been a blessing to have friends join us from time to time. We look forward to Steve and Mary joining us at Big Cedar. They’ve done Big Cedar with us before, so we’ll enjoy renewing old memories there. They’ve done lots of traveling with us. Steve and I have the same birthday, so we go all over celebrating our birthday. Once we went to observe the bat cave in Oklahoma and we’ve been to Hawaii with them twice. You may remember seeing them on the blog with their rainbow tree; they’re good friends from back when we lived in Oklahoma City. We look forward to spending some time with them.


We thank God for good health and good friends. Praise Him!

4 comments:

  1. Mary Jo, I enjoyed your description of the scene behind you; I think you express yourself extremely well and having Don as your photographer just adds to the description. No doubt an A+ English student you were! Why is the road called Revolutionary Road and where is Big Cedar? Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... there are six fishermen! :)
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, you're so sweet. I actually struggled with English, but had so much of it that I ended up teaching it some! I never made any A+, though!

    I have no idea why it was called Revolutionary Road. We thought there might be some history there, but if there was we never saw it. It appeared to be about a couple who were wrong for each other an just never could get it right. They did a lot of smoking and drinking and dreaming, but never seemed to get their lives right. That's the best I can figure from it. I thought it was a waste of talent from the actors. Maybe I'm too naive to catch onto what the point was. I didn't go to sleep in it, so I guess that's better than most. I usually go to sleep when I sit down and especially in a theater because it's dark!

    Big Cedar is about 15 miles south of Branson in Ridgedale, Missouri. I explained a little about it in the post tonight. You can google it and get some idea how special it is. I'm excited to go. We consider it still Branson, but it's out on the lake and we won't come back into town much.

    Thanks for writing! It's so good to hear from you. I hope you're getting stronger and stronger every day.

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, you have that Shnell numbers thing in you!!! I know that numbers and counting really challenge my chemo brain, so I never should have put a number to them. Actually, I think there are 7 in view and some more behind me, though. Here I am, counting, again! YIKES! I never had the numbers thing in my head, but I've always been a numbers NUT! (Not that I was ever any good with numbers, but I want Don to wake me up when a cool number turns over on the odometer; now, THAT'S nutty!)

    Thanks for reading and by all means keep an eye on any numbers I use!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete