Saturday, January 31, 2009

A great day for walking!


It was warm enough for us to walk around up here in the hills today. We had to stay on the road where the ice was melted, but we walked for over 50 minutes. It was a tough walk because of the hills, but it was wonderful to get out and breath the fresh air. Besides this great resort, there are some beautiful homes up here! This is a picture Don took of me as we were headed back up the final hill to our condo. Our unit is in the middle of that building behind me. Notice the pink rocks behind me. And follow the rocks over the top of my head up to a lone tree; behind the tree check out the red bushes. I don’t know what those bushes are but, I love the bright red stems! I came back after our walk and pruned one of the bushes so I could stick some of the red sticks in my vase. I made a cool arrangement. I’ll post it on the blog one day soon. I got a dried flower to go with it. I love this stuff! Thank you, God, for a beautiful day and beauty all over the place.

We’re watching commercials tonight! Then we may play some Boggle. Don says there’s nothing on TV after the commercials. We could have gotten a movie, but I think Boggle will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Maryjo,
    The red sticks are probably from Red Osier Dogwoods. Their wood is bright red and I know they grow there.
    You are looking outstanding..as usual. I love to see you out walking in the snow. Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, look for a bush for me. I don't think these are dogwoods, but maybe that one you mention is a bush? Anyway, I'm so loving them. I'm disappointed that the red doesn't show up in the pictures of my 'arrangement,' but you can see them in this picture at the base of the building. I guess you know what you're doing with all the library at your disposal. Thanks!

    I wish you were here walking with us! I'm only walking with the snow around me; I do my best to walk where it's clear and NOT slippery! A fall for me would be about as dumb as getting a germ while I was on chemo would have been! This Arimidex is hard on bones, so my bones are at risk; I sure don't need a broken bone!

    Thanks so much for writing!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete