Monday, January 26, 2009

A layer of ice; we're snug and warm.


Don took this picture of me in my Vana White pose; I was ‘showing’ the fireplace and the deer above the fireplace. Trouble is that Don didn’t get all the deer into the picture. You get the idea; you see the fireplace, a portion of the deer and a fish above my head. It’s pretty awesome here. We’re enjoying it.

However, we went down this morning for an owner update. When we came back to our car there was a sheet of ice on it. We made it back to our condo with no trouble, but only because it wasn’t far! We haven’t ventured out another time. I didn’t even call the shuttle to come take me to the fitness center.. I could have done that, but I really wasn’t braced for the cold even to get a ride there. I kept thinking the shuttle driver could wreck and I’d still be stuck in the bitter cold. I just wimped out and figure I can be strong tomorrow. I can do all the exercises here except for the walking. If I wasn’t a wimp I could go walk the halls (outside), but I’m still not braced for this kind of cold. I may take a little hike down the halls in a while, though. That sounds possible as I type. There are four flights of stairs I could go up and down for exercise, too. It’s all under roof, so it’s not slippery and there are hand rails. I’ll consider that. I really like to get lots of exercise, but cold is one thing and bitter cold is another. Anything under 30 is pretty bitter in my book; if the wind isn’t blowing it may not be so bad, though. I’ll report tomorrow.

I’m really enjoying being here. I had chili frozen, so we’ve been eating that and it’s perfect for this cold weather. Their soap smells so good. (Linda, their soap and their lotion smells like that candle you got for us! I had that candle burning on the table and even after I blew it out I kept smelling that fragrance. I thought, "Man, that aroma sure holds!" Then I realized it was the soap and lotion on my hands that made me keep smelling it. What a wonderful treat for 3 months! I can save my candle for home!)

Tomorrow is Don’s birthday and they sent up a gift bag with 2 happy birthday balloons on it. Inside the bag was a Big Cedar mug with a package of hot chocolate and a chocolate candy bar. It sure a nice gesture. I thank God that Edith and Boone decided to have a second family and had Don and Doris! They have both been such a blessing in my life. God works in mysterious ways and I love the concept of family that He designed for us.

4 comments:

  1. Maryjo...I went to the Big Cedar website..wow..I'm looking forward to some of your pictures of the place. This would look beautiful with snow...is there any? Sounds like you guys are really having a great time..keep it up. Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Uncle Donny we are singing to him:
    "Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Uncle Donny,
    Happy Birthday to you!!"

    Hope you guys had a great day!
    Blessings and XOXO! :)
    Love ya,
    Brett, Heather & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dana! It is awesome here. You would love it. It's a photographer's heaven. I batter that to death, but we have good friends coming who get great pictures. I'll share with you when I get some good ones.

    We had lots of ice yesterday and that was gorgeous. Then last night we finally got a little snow. It's a winter wonderland.

    Maybe you'll join us here sometime. That would be great!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, Brett, and Luke, thanks for the birthday song and blessing and hugs and kisses. It was a fun day; ice everywhere made it absolutely gorgeous . . . also treacherous so we didn't go anywhere! We weren't going anywhere, anyway; we came to stay cooped up here.

    Love you all,

    Aunt Jo XOXO

    ReplyDelete