Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Challenging 2009? My answer is to go with God.



This morning we went shopping, so Don took this picture before I got messed up from exercise, etc. I got a good buy on a dress coat on sale, so I’m good for years. I do not remember the last new coat I bought, so this is pretty special.

We came back and exercised and then Don beat me at Ping-Pong by something like 21-10. It was more sorry than usual, but more right that he won.

Everyone on TV seems to be so jubilant with the new president, but even the new president predicts tough times ahead. I don’t want to be a profit of doom, BUT, I am one of those people who insists on watching when they draw my blood; I NEVER turn my head or close my eyes. I insisted on being awake for childbirth and even my hysterectomy. I was too tired to be awake for the mastectomies; I was ready to nap through that! With that said, I like to know what is hitting me, whether I can do anything about it or not. So, Don had me read this article today and I share it with you, in case you are interested in what may be in store for our nation and lifestyle. This guy could be right about some of it at least; I hope he’s all wet.

I don’t know what we should do to be prepared. I have sworn off stress, so I have to say, ‘Que Sera, Sera, whatever will be will be.’ At least when it hits I won’t be blind sided. I trust God to lead us through whatever unfolds and I thank Him for that confidence and His promises.

2 comments:

  1. Jo & Don, I read the entire Wiegand article and it is so scary. Looks like we better stop spending, save all we can and fill the freezer and pantry. Wish we had a buried gas tank in our yard. Don, sounds like you shouldn't wait on that one purchase you and Tom talked about. Love ya'll, stay warm, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, we agree. Save some money to come back here so you can go with us on the hike we took today. Don said it was perfect for you and I thought so, too. It was Tom's 5 miles, but it wasn't hard at all. It was right by the lake and yet through the woods, so it was so beautiful.

    You can tell we miss you!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete