Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Don!


Today was Don's birthday and we celebrated the 44th anniversary of his 25th birthday. We celebrated by being iced and snowed into one of our favorite places. I thank God for him in my life and for our health! It's been beautiful to watch and wonderful that we didn't have to get out in it!

I did go to the fitness center and walked on the treadmill for a full hour. It was beautiful to look out the windows and watch the sleet. We only had rain and sleet until a while ago and it started snowing. We've had phone lines out, so I couldn't connect and I was giving up until I saw it was connected. Now, as I start to do this, I lost the connection, again. I'd better quit and get this posted if I can. No telling what picture I'll use; something quick. (It's me at the computer, here at Big Cedar.)

I'll have to post a picture tomorrow of the balloons Big Cedar sent up for his birthday! They sent a mug with hot chocolate mix, too, and a candy bar. How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Jo! On Monday's picture with you at the fireplace at Big Cedar, is that a real fire, or gas, or just logs hiding the electric glow??? Tee Hee Hee. Whatever it is it is pretty and looks warm. Snowed about an hour here this morn, then the sun came out for about an hour, and closed the county schools! How's that for an education system? Love ya'll, and happy birthday, Don! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, THAT's a real fire with the help of gas. We turn it on at a switch on the wall and, 'poof,' there's fire. It is a warm and wonderful glow, especially with this icy weather. We're loving the weather since we don't have to go anywhere and since we have plenty of food and power. It's a wonderful place to be iced!

    Love and miss you two,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete