Friday, January 16, 2009

Grammy loves this big 'kid.'

Tonight’s picture is Tricia’s oldest, Nate. He'll be 17 in 2 months. He just got his Civil Air Patrol haircut yesterday and I asked Trish to get a picture of it for me. I LOVE short haircuts! Of course I love this ‘kid,’ too! It seems like yesterday that he was the only one she had. We are so proud of him. You know smiles don’t go with military haircuts so he had to keep this very serious face. Man, he looks grown up to me!

We hung pretty close to the condo today because it’s WAY cold here! I think it was 12 degrees or something like that. We went over to the fitness center and exercised. Then we went to Wal-Mart and the grocery store and got some things we thought we ought to have. We should be good for days, now! We actually had snow covering the roads this morning, but it didn’t cause any problems with traveling. I think it just blew off when anyone drove on it.

I’m so thankful for wonderful and healthy grandkids. You often see pictures of the babies, but the rest were all babies once and they are all just as special as the babies. They’re harder to capture in pictures. We have so much fun with the bigger ones. They all become such fine people. We are bursting with pride and thank God for them. Tomorrow night I’ll post Gabe’s picture on the blog. He has a fresh haircut, too, but not so short as Nate’s.

2 comments:

  1. What good looking grandkids! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann! Isn't it fun having grandkids!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete