Monday, November 30, 2009

Iodine is very interesting.


Tonight's picture is one I took of Sadie and Raynie looking off a bridge when we went to the reserve Friday. We were hoping to lure turtles out by dropping crackers, but I guess it was too cold for them. We've done it before, but it didn't work this time. We had lots of fun hiking around and finding lots of other animals, so it was a good adventure.

Today was cold this morning, but it warmed up enough that Don and I got in another walk after lunch. We started the day with meeting David and Dorothy at the Kozy Diner for breakfast; that's always a good start! I thank God that David continues to respond to medications when he gets the infections that seem to always be around the corner for him. He had a fever last Tuesday and started on antibiotics; he was able to participate in their family's Thanksgiving festivities and made it to church yesterday, lunch here with us, and then breakfast this morning. God is great!

I worked on some computer jobs today and I've done some reading to catch up on mail we got over the weekend. In the back of my mind is the trip to Hawaii, so everything is pointing us in that direction. One of the things we got in the mail was some information I'd ordered about iodine and hypothyroidism. My research is pointing to the possibility that these are connected to breast cancer as well as many other health issues. I will report more here as I learn more. If you know someone or are someone with breast cancer in your family, please do some research on iodine and stay tuned into this blog to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment