Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Frazzled.

I keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I stumble, but I keep moving forward.  I thank God for rest at night!  I took this picture on Sunday, I think.  I was doing my part to wear the seasonal red.   I support the troops any day; not just Fridays.  :)

I went over to walk on the treadmill today and they said it wasn't working.  There was a guy on the other one and a lady waiting to use it when he got through.  I sat down to read while I waited, and then went in to weigh, thinking I'd just go walk outside rather than wait.  I noticed the treadmill wasn't even plugged into the wall!  I went over and plugged it in and it started right up.  Eyes rolling.  I went out and told them it was unplugged and before I could tell them it was running, they said, "Yes, we unplugged it because it wasn't working."  I told them that I've had to unplug it and replug it several times this week to get it to work, but it'll never work if it's unplugged, and it's now working because I plugged it in.  So, I told the lady who was waiting to go ahead and walk and I'd come back.  I did go back later and it was still working fine.  I stumble and sometimes I'm doing things the hard way, but I don't usually give up.  The closest I come to giving up is going to be to get a recharge so I can start at it tomorrow.

So, that's a thing that worked for me.  A thing that never worked for me is the Windows Live Mail.  That's the mail client for Windows 7.  I've gotten it going several times today and then it quits.  I've talked to various support people and they all say it's a lousy, hopeless program that is doomed to not working well.  I don't need that!  I figured it's a good time for me to make the move to gmail.  I attempted to send out emails to let people know about the address change, but it's amazing how many of those bounced.  Anyway, if you want to send me an email, please use this address:  maryjoshnell@gmail.com  Thanks for making a note of it.  Tomorrow is a new day and I look forward the rest I get before I stumble into tomorrow and it's challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie! I updated our email accounts with your new email address! Thanks! We hope this day goes smoother for you. We have men here this morn working on the shop and the two garage doors. There are now garage doors that will open/close without all that noise!!! Yay! I am reading "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett!! Don't want to put it down.. You hang in there now and know all of us out here love you and only want you to feel good and have good days. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Linda! It makes such a wonderful difference to have great support like you to hold me up through the struggles. I'm excited about your quiet garage doors! You guys have your place so very nice! Happy reading to you; glad you've got a good one. I'll watch for it! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete