Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh, brother.

Today I was snowed in.  Just as well because I spent 3 hours on the phone with the HP techs stripping this laptop and re-installing the operating system.  Just what I NEVER wanted to do, especially when it is less than a month old.  I went stomping out of here to get the box to pack it up to return and locked myself out of the condo!  So, I walked over and got new keys and realized that it was treacherously icy out there.  No laptop would be worth wrecking the car.  I think God was talking to me.  He knew I needed time to calm down and get things into perspective.  This laptop has never worked well and I chalked it up to Windows 7 and my unfamiliarity with it.  I was wrong; it just wasn't set right.  It really seems to be working so much better, now.  I'm amazed.  It has a 1 year warranty and I bought an extended 2 year warranty, so maybe I should keep it.  I'm going to sleep on it and God is giving me some more time with this weather.  No way I'm going anywhere soon.  It's good for me to be stuck here and think about it.

A computer is nothing to lose.  There are much bigger issues in life.  I need the laptop to keep in touch with all the people I love, but I don't have to get all in a snit over it.  I just have to do whatever it takes to keep it working and remember that there are much more important things in life.  People matter.  Machines don't.  I've lost Don and THAT matters; THAT hurts.  This laptop is nothing.  I am blessed with lots of wonderful people in my life and they matter.  I'll do whatever I have to do to stay in touch, but I won't let a computer crash hold me down.  Oh, I was down today, but I'm okay; this is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  (By the way, my hair grows fast; I won't look like this for long.)

No comments:

Post a Comment