Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Muddled through another day.

I took this picture a couple of days ago with my buddy, Tread.  Tread Mill is a fellow who walks me every day.  I brought some large print Guideposts with me, and I'm enjoying reading them as I walk.  today, I even watched the TV while I walked.  I walked 3 miles, which is my most ambitious walk in a long time.  My right leg is really griping about it, too.  I'm going to treat it with some time on the NUBAX (which, of course, I brought with me), a good hot bath and then go to bed early.  Tomorrow I'll be all good, again; rest is amazing!

Today I met with the folks here and managed to not buy any time with them.  I'm getting good at this; I sure don't need anymore timeshares, so it's not so hard to say no.  They were very nice.  This is a nice place, but I can stay here without owning it; I appreciate their being nice about it.

Then I ventured out to do some shopping.  I was hoping to find some Crocs that I'd feel a little more dressy in at church, but they didn't have any in my size.  So, I'll keep wearing the boats I'm wearing.

I thank God that I could walk the 3 miles today.  That encourages me.  Today has been an emotional drain.   Every day is so hard without Don; I signed on for the rest of my life and never dreamed that he'd leave me standing here with my old buddy, Tread.   Holding hands with Don and walking all over these mountains was way more fun; I thank God for the precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment