Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Good Look at 'The Puzzle.'

This puzzle was fun until we got to that big tree.  Man, it was HARD!  We hung tough until we finished it, though, and it's a memory we'll treasure.  Count them; 1000 pieces!  :)

Speaking of memories to treasure.  I have to tell you what happened yesterday.  Leaving Big Cedar was very emotional for me.  Driving from there to this resort was a ride down memory lane for me.  Don and I made the exact same trip last winter and then we spent 6 weeks in this very resort.  They were wonderful weeks and I have many memories that I treasure, but it was all so hard to face this year without him.   We drove right past the places where Don and I walked and walked last year.   I was driving and Ruthie and Phil were following me, so I had the privacy to sob and I did . . . nearly all the way here.  When I got here I straightened up as much as I could and went inside to check in.  It was about 6 hours before check in time, but they let me do all the paperwork, so that all I had to do when we came back was pick up the keys.  That all went well.  Then I had to go over to the concierge to pick up a coupon book (really, it's when they snag you and schedule a tour intended to sell you something).  That lady was looking up my name to check me off her list and she said, "Your husband is with you, right?"  I folded and told her, "No, he's not; he passed away in September."  Of course she saw the crocodile tears and said, "I'm so sorry; now, I'm going to cry!"  Then she said, "It's going to be okay.  Things happen, and it's going to be okay."  I really can't remember what else was said.  I just know I wanted out of there.  I went out and reported to Ruthie and Phil and we took my car over and parked it by our condo and then we went in their car to get groceries, go to a movie, and go shopping at our favorite card shop.  We got back to pick up our keys around 5.  When I asked for my keys the lady asked for my name.  When I told her she lit up and said, "I'll be right back."  She came back with my keys and a huge popcorn container wrapped in cellophane and tied with a bow.  Inside were all kinds of goodies, from specialty oatmeal to popcorn, cookies, fudge, etc.  It was awesome (Lots of it I'll have to save for the kids when they come because I don't do sugar.).  I do accept the love, though!  With it was a note from Molly, the concierge who had cried with me!  It was a tough time and God sent her to help me get through it.  I was struggling through, but the surprise was sure a lift and I had to call it a good day after that, though a tough one.  I thank God that Ruthie and Phil have been here to help me settle in here, and I thank God for Molly!  Every help is so appreciated; truly I am blessed.

9 comments:

  1. ....and then I had to cry!!!! Tough times but I'm glad you are having a good time with Ruthie and Phil. Give them hugs for me, well duh.....give yourself one too.

    Luv ya

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that some people can be so insensitive, but thankful that others are so sympathetic. Also so glad that Ruthie and Phil were there to help you move. I bet I know what card store you are talking about!!! Have a good super bowl Sunday with Ruthie and Phil. :) Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why the tree was so difficult...all those beautiful fall colors and it looks like an Amish farm too. Beautiful. I'm like Molly; big tears as I read your account of check in. Each journey will get easier but never the same. So glad you have some family with you. Get Ruthie and Phil to stay until the kids come! Take care and God bless. Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissy, thanks for the hugs, and have some back from us! We've missed you and look forward to whenever we can all get together, again. Thanks for sharing the tears with me, too. Sometimes they just rule. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I'm so blessed to know so many of the sensitive ones! Yes, you KNOW the card shop; it's our main attraction in Branson. Wish you were here to go with us, but our time will come! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Donna, I sure wish I could get them to stay, but they have 'fires to put out' at home. I need to grow up and not need a babysitter, too. I'll get wrapped up in doing taxes when they leave and I'll be okay. They play cards every night at 6, here, so maybe I'll go get caught up in that. We did so enjoy that puzzle until we got to the tree. We're doing an easier one, now. I think we'll finish it today. Ruthie and Phil have done most of it. It's some ladies in a flower garden; we've named all the ladies, so it's taking on a real personality. Thanks for sharing tears and joys with me; I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew....that one made me cry too MJ. All your kindness comes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Dana; thanks for crying with me. God bless Molly and you and me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL PUZZLE LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete