Sunday, July 21, 2013

A great day of family thanksgiving and fun!

We've been so, so happy to have James and Cathy come this weekend.  We started our day of thanks to God with biscuits and gravy and sausage and eggs for breakfast.  Then we took off to Roosevelt where Lee's roots are.  His parents and his older brother are buried there.  James could remember all those folks and many good times from times they went back to Roosevelt.  From Roosevelt we went to the reserve and showed them as much as we could.  We went to Meer's to eat, but the line was way too long, so we went on over to Medicine Park and ate.  It was a great meal and more time for thanksgiving and another meal to bless.  What a great visit we had.  We came on home and they headed for home in OKC; both of them have to work in the morning.  We thank God, again, for awesome family!

Our neighbors, Bill and Olya and girls are at Quartz Mountain Christian Camp this week.  That means there dog is home, alone.  My job is to go let her out 3 times a day and feed her.  She doesn't like me and I'm scared to death of dogs.  I love the Coffins, though, so if they need me to feed their dog, I'm willing to do my best.  Maybe I'll make a friend, but I suspect she doesn't want a new friend.  Maybe if she gets hungry this week, she'll want a friend?  She's some kind of terrier and I'm bigger than she is, so maybe I'll survive.  I'll wear jeans and shoes and a jacket every time I go over there, so she can't get me to bad.  God saw me through attacks of a German shepherd, a collie, and a pit bull, so He'll see me through this week with a terrier.  We were able to check on the birds today and they seem okay and are still in the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment