Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fun, but exhausting!

Yesterday we made a rush trip to OKC to visit with a family who had lost their 35 year old daughter to pneumonia.  The loss is heartbreaking, but the memories are treasures and full of joy.  I thank God for all my kids and grandkids!

We spent the night in OKC because we had to be back there today to do the final walk through with Krissy and Chris on their new house.  That was fun and the house is really gorgeous.  After the walk through Chris took us all out to a delicious lunch.  Then we came by Tricia's house for a brief visit with her and Mason, Gracie and Raynie.  Above is a picture Lee got of Raynie and I. Tomorrow I'll put on pix of Lee with the kids and soon I'll post some I got of us with Bryce.  What fun we had with all these grandkids!  We are overwhelmed with blessings and worn out!!!

When I got home I called Bill to see if I needed to go feed the savage beast, Pebbles.  He said he didn't even know where she was!  She got away from George, our mutual friend and local state trooper; he hoped she was waiting on the front porch.  Sure enough; she was!  She was waiting there for someone to come and be killed and I was that person, but I was armed with treats!  Love the treats!  I threw a treat away from the door and while she scoffed it down, I got the door open.  I threw a treat inside and she went after it.  I threw another one into the kitchen so I could make sure she had food and water.  What a hoot!  She was relieved to get inside and ran right into her crate and I escaped with treats left for tomorrow.  I feel about 8 feet tall, now that I can manipulate her with those treats. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment