Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Treatment went well.

This picture is one that James took of Lee and I at lunch on Sunday in Medicine Park.  It had been a long day, and this was a late lunch around 2, so we were tired and hungry, but smiling with joy.

We drove to Lawton today for my treatment and I'm tired, again!  There's nothing awful about my treatment; it is really relatively simple.  It's just that we always have to wait.  I go in for them to draw blood and they can't do the treatment until they get the results of the tests on the blood.  We just wait and that's tiresome.  If tiresome is the worst thing I can say about my treatments, how great is that??? Thank you, God!  It's so wonderful that they seem to be working and it takes a lot of nerve to complain that they are tiresome.  Actually, the last month my rump was really sore, so I have a legitimate complaint.  The first week is not too bad, but the soreness builds and I really felt like I had a boil on each side of my rump for a couple of weeks.  The last week it calmed down to just sore, so I could face getting two more shots today.  I hope it doesn't hurt like that this month, but if it does, I'm giving thanks that it's not regular chemo and that it's working.  I can take a sore rump!  I sometimes feel a slight nausea, but nothing that takes my appetite or makes me really sick.  It just reminds me of when I was pregnant and that was a precious time, so it's not so bad at all.

The update on the dog is that a good friend suggested I get dog treats and 'buy my way' with the vicious beast.  It worked!  I got her to go outside with a treat and then got her to go back inside with a treat.  Yippee!   I got the job done in about 10 minutes and she never attacked me.  She growled and snarled until she saw the treats and then she cooperated.  Wow.  I'm amazed.  Thanks so much Deb!

2 comments:

  1. Yay ! so glad your treatment went well !!
    I need to catch up on the dog story .....
    Hugs to you and Lee
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, it's a wild story, but I'm doing okay with the savage beast, thanks to DAS' suggesting I use dog treats. Works like a charm! Whew! love you!

    ReplyDelete