Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Big sister is a GREAT helper!

I remember that my sister got me out of all kinds of binds!  I thought of this when Peyton was so eager to help Bryce understand that he was supposed to be eating this cake.  The look on his face when his daddy put his hands into the cake and then smeared them on his face; he looked like, "Uh oh, Mom's not going to like this a bit; I'm not thinking I like it, either!"  He looked right up at Peyton and was willing to eat if she said that was the thing to do.  Then the look on his face changed to, "Hmmm; that's pretty good!"  It was really precious to watch.  I'll never forget the time that we went to visit Don's brother and had lunch at his daughter's house; her husband prayed and thanked God for putting us into families.  I had never thought to be grateful for the gift of families; just always took it for granted!  I pray that same prayer of thanks so often and will never forget it.  What a blessing!  Can you imagine living all of life on your own?  The support of family is such a treasure!  Thank you so much for enlightening me, David Petr!  Besides the family we know, God is our Father and Jesus is our Brother . . . wow!  (OUR; that makes us ALL family!  WOW!  Now, I've gone to preaching!)

Today I've gotten some chores done around here.  Tomorrow we go back to OKC for Lee's follow up appointment after his stress test on Monday.  It's also Raynie's 6th birthday tomorrow, so we'll be partying some more!  Woo hoo!  Love, love love all the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment