Monday, July 22, 2013

We went to Meers but there was an hour or more wait.

Since we'd have to wait so long to even get seated at Meers we went on to Medicine Park and ate at the Riverview Cafe.  It was great there and there was no wait!  James got this picture of Lee and I before we went into Meers.

Today has been restful.  I've gotten some paperwork done, so that's good.  I've also done some laundry.  We walked and got pix of the herons; I'm surprised that they are still at the nest.  Each day feels like a bonus to me.  Today is the first day that I haven't had a bloom on the magnolia tree to cut and bring inside.  There are still 5 blooms on the tree, but they are slow to bloom.  I'm happy for them to stretch out for a few days and make the blooms last longer for me.  The blooming season is just about past.

Tomorrow we go to Lawton for my treatment.  I'm blessed to have easy treatments and to be responding so well to them.  I thank God so much for these blessings!

PS:  By the way, the update on me and the dog is that I'm still alive; scared to death of that little terrier, but alive.  The dog has nearly eaten my walking cane to a nub, but I'm hanging in there (barely).  Olya came home today and I met her at the door saying, "I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life!"  I thought she was home to stay, but she was only home to check on the dog and return to camp.  So, I still have to let the dog out tomorrow and the rest of the week unless Olya decides to come home or the dog eats me.  I have never seen such a vicious dog in my life.  I was bitten by a German shepherd that required 3 stitches and I still have scars on my hands and stomach and this dog is more vicious than that shepherd was.  She really has me scared to death.  I almost walked out on the job today, but she wouldn't let me out of the house!  I agreed to do this because Bill and Olya are the best neighbors in the world!  They keep a great eye on the house whenever we are gone, so the least I can do is let their dog out for a week if she just doesn't kill me.  Joan always does a great job with the house when we're gone, but Bill and Olya make it even better for her.  He's an ex-marine and nothing gets past him.

No comments:

Post a Comment