Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Naptime is the best!

Today has been a fun day.  It's been cooler than common for July 2 (91 was the high, I think), so that's been nice.  Lee and I walked to our park and there was a big happening there!  They discovered fish dying due to algae in the lake this morning, so they had a couple of boats racing around the water to stir it up in hopes of saving lots of fish and the lake.  Our friend and marine highway patrolman, George Hoyle, was putting on quite a show with the big jet boat.  He can really make that thing go!  I sure hope it worked to save the lake and the fish in it!  It was a great way to spend the morning, watching all of it happen!

We came home and I mixed up some round up and all out attacked our remaining weeds.  I even trimmed a couple of trees out back.  It feels good to accomplish something!  Then I took my bath and crashed on the sofa for a quick nap.  I meant to dust today, but that never happened.  I'll dust tomorrow unless I find another distraction.  I thank God for naps and no timetable for dusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment