Sunday, July 14, 2013

Happy birthday, Lee!

So, today is Lee's birthday, but he gave ME a present!  He shaved the beard and mustache he's had for over 30 years.  I was so surprised!  I absolutely love it, but he may not keep it.  It's going to take some getting used to and I want him to be happy.  I never asked him to shave it, but he knew it tickled me to death.  I accept it as my birthday present.   We'll see if it lasts until my birthday!  Ha!  Whatever he does is fine with me.

Today was the fellowship dinner at church, so he had a wonderful birthday meal.  He always enjoys those, so the timing was perfect.  We found that two of our favorite people at church share his birthday, so that was fun, too.  Amanda Holt and Creed Real are his birthday buddies.

Today it's raining in Hobart.  We haven't had a rain like this in months.  It's just raining; no thunder or lightning, just rain.  It's so nice, but it's hindering my walk to check on the herons.  I'll trust the herons to God today; I know he knows how many feathers they have, so I need not worry.  God has fewer whiskers to keep up with on Lee, so I'll leave all the bird feathers to Him.  God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment