Saturday, July 20, 2013

So glad to have family visit!


Lee's son, James, and his wife, Cathy, came to visit tonight.  They didn't get here until nearly 8:30, so we ate late, but it's been a wonderful visit.  Tomorrow we'll show them around the area.  The lighting is not great on this picture, but I hope to get better ones tomorrow.  We thank God for precious people in our lives and opportunities to spend time with them!

For anyone who is hooked on the herons, here is today's update on them:
Notice that all four of them are in the tree, but only one is still in the nest.  I'm sure they're all getting ready to fledge, which means they'll leave the nest soon!  I'm going to have withdrawals when I go there one day and there is nobody at home!  I sure hope they will stay around our lake!  I took crackers today to feed the fish in hopes that it will help provide food for these herons.  (Tom, Linda, and Sissy, you'll remember when I was throwing fruit to the cows in Hawaii . . . we were reminded of that today when I threw crackers to the fish and the wind blew most of them back onto me!  Y'all really had to be there to get this story, but I'll betcha Tom, Linda and Sissy are smiling!)



No comments:

Post a Comment