Monday, July 15, 2013

Takes my breath!

Today as we walked around the lake we could easily see not only the juveniles abut also the adult great blue herons.  This is the first time I've ever been able to get them all in the same picture.  I had to zoom out to get everyone in the pic, but it was worth it.  I am so enjoying watching the growth of these birds.  In this picture you can see the island where they chose to build their nest (common) as well as the walk in the background where we are able to walk.  It's a lovely place to walk and so enhanced by the activity of these birds.  It literally takes my breath to watch them.  Sometimes when I get to the other side, the adults will come near and let me get their picture while they fish and hunt.  I'm like a little bitty kid chasing roly-polies!  I thank God for extra blessings like these birds to watch.  I sure thank Him for the ability to WALK and SEE!

Speaking of seeing, I have an appointment to have my cataracts evaluated on August 6th; I'll have surgery to correct them in October.  I have trips planned before that and they don't want me to go more than 3 hours away for a few weeks, so I have to wait on the surgery.  I've been waiting 4 years, so a couple more months won't be that big a deal.  I've found that time is flying, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment