Thursday, July 18, 2013

More of the heron family.

When we were walking today I first thought one of the juveniles was venturing out of the nest.  But, we watched and that must be one of the parents up high because it turned around and fed the others!  I guess the other juvenile is laying down in the nest or behind the others.  Take a look at the feeding:
Then as we walked on around the lake we saw one of the parents feeding on the other side:

I am just amazed and love watching this family!  I thank God for the pleasure it brings to me.  I'm really amazed with cardinals and robins, but God is the God of abundance!

Our VBS is going great.  I came home today and went for the walk.  Then I came home and fixed lunch and then tore into cleaning the house.  I missed my nap, so I'm ready to clean up and go to bed.  Ah, clean sheets and I'm so ready for them!  I thank God for abundance in so many ways.  The birds!  The ability to walk!  The ability to clean the house!  A wonderful place to live!  The good sense to not do ALL the cleaning in one day!  I saved the vacuuming for tomorrow.  I vacuumed all the hard floors and mopped them.  Then cleaned the bathrooms.  I've dusted all the rest of the week and finished that today.  (Dusting is the part I like the least.) Tomorrow the house will be done.  I've done the worst part, so I feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment