Friday, October 25, 2013

An Example to Us!

Look at that sweet smile and those trusting eyes!  Our Lord told us to 'be as little children.'  Bryce is a great example of how we should be, in my opinion.  He was asleep when we got there, but he woke up soon.  He was a little cautious at first, but as soon as he recognized us, he was happy and ready to go.  I've noticed that we wake up a little stiff everyday, but soon we warm up and a smiling attitude is the best way to approach each day . . . just like a little child!

Bryce has been so many good examples to me.  When he was a little guy, he'd be so sleepy and just nod right off in my lap.  Sometimes I think of that sleepy look he had and I nod right off as if I were him.  I hope I can mimic him and be as happy as he is, too!  It's easier to say than to do!

Today has been a good day as far as my eye goes.  But, when I saw the doctor to check my eye today he told me that I'd need to pick up another prescription for eye drops for the second eye on Monday to take with me on Tuesday.  YIKES!  The drops for this first eye cost over $150!  Now, another $150!  I've been pumping the docs to tell me what meds I will be needing over the future, considering my stage 4 diagnosis.  I need to know that so that I can know what drug plan to buy for my medicare part D plan.  I have until the end of this month to do that. In my diligence to attempt to cover the cancer drugs, I lost out on getting covered in time to get help with the eye drugs!  NO doctor has been willing to give me a clue what drugs I may be using, either.  Then I got into noticing what my treatments are costing and I attempted to find out if I am the one responsible for the 'pharmacy' portion on my treatments or are those drugs considered part of the treatment?  I could not get ANYONE who could answer that question for me. (The pharmacy portion of my treatment runs right at $10,000 per month, so this is significant!)  There will be plenty of people around to tell me I when I OWE them money, but there is NOBODY available to help me make provisions for paying these bills. How frustrating.

I look at this picture of Bryce and love him for showing me the example of total trust to the Father!  All our kids and grandkids have shown me that over the years, but Bryce is the one who is still totally at that stage.  I thank God for him and all the others.  It's much better to have that trusting attitude than to get so cumbered with finances as I was today.  I'm supposed to be relaxing and resting.  I've thought it through and I'm going with Bryce and God.  I'll do the best I can and then the folks who wouldn't help me plan to make payment arrangements will have to grab a root and growl when it's tough at payment time.

No comments:

Post a Comment