Tuesday, October 29, 2013

She SEE! She SEES! She SEES!

This is the follow up pic to yesterday's goofy pic, although Lee is still standing on the 'high' step.  It was a great trip and I love the memories!  I thank God that I could see pretty good then, but today I see everything perfectly!

It was a long day.  I thought I'd slip right in and get done quickly since they didn't have all the testing to do that they did Thursday.  I was wrong.  I got to sit and wait a lot.  We didn't get home until nearly 5 and I was so tired and ready to sleep!  The eye they had worked on was going way northwest! (I asked Lee to get a pic of my eye going wrong, but he refused . . . it was pathetic looking!)  No wonder I was seeing double and crooked!  It was way scary to look in the mirror.  I was reminded that I've been given eyes that work even if the vision was poor for the last 4 years.  After a healing 4 hour nap I woke up to two eyes that go the right direction and work in coordination with each other.  My left eye sees well in the distance and the right eye sees up close.  WOW!  It's as if I have my contacts in and they are CLEAN and I see clearly!  Everything is bright and beautiful!  I praise God and thank Him so much for the success of these surgeries!  Tomorrow morning I go for a follow up check up and I expect he will want me to come back in two weeks for a final check to see if I need glasses to read.  I suspect that I won't.  I'm really so excited. I'm not supposed to jump, but jumping for joy seems appropriate.  I'll do it in my mind.

Dorothy reports that her sister, Ada, is doing very well, considering that they had given her up for dying last Wednesday!  She's able to be up and WALKING as well as drinking and eating some nourishment.  Ada is a living miracle!  They are talking of letting her go home in a few days!  She's still got some serious issues, and will have to go back to the hospital for more surgery as soon as she is strong enough, but right now she is absolutely amazing us.  Thank you so much for your prayers; please keep up with them as she believes she is living on prayers right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment