Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This pic was taken beside the life size statue of Jack Daniels when we toured the Jack Daniels distillery.  It was a very interesting tour, although neither of us drink.  I use whiskey mixed with honey for cough syrup when my cough is really bad, but it's a way last resort.  It works; it knocks me right out, but there's no more coughing!  I thank God that I'm not drawn to alcohol a bit, but I also thank Him for it's availability when I get that awful cough!  I SURE thank Him for the honey or I could never hack it!

Today we went to Lawton and saw my oncologist, there.  He works hand in hand with my oncologist at MDA, but he has to see me every few months to cover his rear.  I like him a lot, so it's a comfort to me to see him and know that he's keeping an eye on me, too.  I go back to MDA the 18th and 19th of November, so they're keeping a close watch on me.

As soon as we got home we went to church where we had a huge trunk or treat deal happening.  Our parking lot was full of folks passing out candy and we had folks backed up for two blocks in line to join in the fun.  We went through $30 worth of candy and then went inside to help tie helium balloons to give to the trick or treaters.  We came home and hid in the dark because we were fresh out of candy!  It's only 8:30, so I'm thinking it's still too soon to turn on the lights.  It was fun to see all the kids; many of them I'd had in school when I subbed in elementary school and some I had in middle school!  Lee picked out our candy, hoping there would be some left, but he's fresh out of luck.  He has no business with that candy, anyway, but I've learned that diabetics are drawn to candy like drunks are to alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment