Friday, November 15, 2013

Does She Ever Hunt!

This is a pic I got today in my email of Gretta and the huge buck she got today.  (So sorry I can't make it bigger so you could get a good look at that big smile on her face!  She was so excited and proud and I am, too!  I got home from school and Lee said, "You need to call Gretta; she called and she's all excited about a huge box she got.  Did you send her something?  You need to look at an email she sent you, too.:"  He doesn't know how to check my email, so he no idea what was happening.  I looked at the email and knew right away that she'd said "HUGE  BUCK"  and he heard it as "huge box."  I finally got her on the phone and she was so glad when I told her he misunderstood.  She couldn't figure out why he wasn't congratulating her! That's a lot of meat for her, so it's a really good thing.  She had helped to dress 3 deer this morning that others had gotten and didn't have time to dress and she was feeling a little melancholy because she hadn't gotten one, yet.  She went this afternoon, then and got this one; he's bigger than any of the 3 she helped to dress.  When my baby's happy, I'm happy!

Besides, I'm so tired after two days of running hard on top of subbing both days and staying up late.  Man, I love the kids, though!  It's frustrating to not be able to do more for them, but some of them are dealing with so much stress in their young lives.  I got home from school this afternoon and had an appointment with Lee's brother to get me signed up for my part D Medicare policy.  He had to turn me over to some lady on the phone and that was so frustrating.  She spoke English, but she read every fine print to me and mixed up a bunch of it.  I had to keep correcting her.  Anyway, that ate up my nap time, so I'm flat bushed.  I'm going to go take a bath and go to bed as soon as I make a couple of phone calls.  I need a good night's sleep.  We leave Sunday for Houston, so this is a busy few days coming up, too.  I'm so ready for bed.

I thank God for a wonderful bed in a wonderful home.  I thank Him that I don't sleep in it alone.  I thank Him for great news for Gretta.  I thank Him for precious kids and my opportunity to work with them. I thank Him for Trish and her ability to work with kids, too; and I'm thankful for the weekend with some rest that I'm sure she needs!  Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am overwhelmed with blessings and thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment