Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Blondy Fluff.

This was taken when we were at Gretta's around Oct. 11, I think.  Today is her birthday and my baby is 41. She's still my 'blondy fluff.'  That's what I called her when she was a baby and she'll always be that in my mind.  Happy birthday, Jilly!  (He middle name is Jill and I called her Jilly when she played basketball and a million times since then!  Sometimes Gretta seems like a hard name, but Jilly seems softer.  She likes it and all the nieces and nephews call her Aunt Jilly.)

Today I subbed for the home ec teacher.  It was depressing, but I won't go into it.  All I can say is that I had 6 years of home ec and never had anything like what I saw or didn't see today.  I'm grateful for the 6 years I had!  Tomorrow I'll sub for a wonderful English teacher who will have good classes.  I look forward to that experience and hope it will refresh me after today.

I thank God for my Jilly and all the other kids as well as all the grandkids.  I'm a blessed mom/grammy!

NOTE:  Dorothy's sweet sister, Ada, got to go home from the hospital today!  What a miracle!  She's not well, but she's alive and at home.  God sure blesses and I trust His timing.  I just can't get over her going home.  I know she's so glad to be in her own bed tonight!  He husband has spent every night in the hospital with her; they took her 2 weeks ago today, I think.  So, I know he's so happy to be at home with her and both of them are glad to be in their own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment