Monday, November 25, 2013

We Still Have Snow!

This is the view from our back door and to the right of the view I posted last night.  It still looks like this, only there are tracks in the alley.  Maybe it will warm up some tomorrow and some will melt.  The roads are mostly clear, so that's good.

They didn't call me to sub today, so I got lots of baking done.  I made more chex because I had eaten a bunch of what I made the other day, and we need plenty of those when the kids get here.  I made the chocolate chip pies today and a cherry pie.  I also made fudge.  We bought sugar free pumpkin and pecan pies at the grocery store.  Lee took a nap and woke up saying, "It smells like Thanksgiving in here!"

I'm scheduled to monitor testing tomorrow.  If they need me to stay after the tests are over at noon, I'll sub in the afternoon.  If not, I've got plenty to do at home.  Tomorrow night is the high school's first basketball game and it's in Cordell.  I can hardly wait to see them play!  They are 'my kids' and they do a fantastic job! I love to watch them play.  The middle school has had a few games to get me primed; I love watching them, too!  I'm so hooked on these kids and I especially love their ballgames!

I am thankful for a warm home and plenty of food to welcome the family who is coming for Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for their safe travels and for THEM!  God blesses so richly.  Oh how I miss Don, especially as I get ready for times he would have loved, but I'm thankful for Lee and for his understanding and love.  I know this season is hard for him sometimes, too.  It's complicated, but God gets us through complications and I thank Him for that, too!  We miss those who were such a big part of our lives; it's a treasure that we can understand those feelings that we each have and support each other.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment