Thursday, November 14, 2013

So Tired, but I Can SEE!

This is a pic I just took right here at the computer with my new glasses.  I just crammed them on from their position on top of my head.  I can't walk with them on my nose; I think there are stairs where there are no stairs, etc.  I'll have to get used to using these effectively!  Those are way tired eyes; they've been working hard all day seeing so much I've been missing for years!

We were up watching the Thunder play last night (they lost; ugh) until about midnight thirty.  Then I had to wake up at 5 to get Lee up so he could shower and fix his own breakfast and dress to go to OKC.  He woke me up at 7 as he was leaving and I rushed to school.  The coach I was subbing for had athletics the first hour, so I didn't have to be there until 9 to cover his history and Social Studies classes.  When I got home this afternoon I called and my glasses were ready, so I called to see if Lee was close to home and he was.  I ran to the bank and Walmart and met him back at the house.  Then we both went to Altus to get my glasses.  I only have to wear them when I'm looking into the distance, like driving, ballgames, etc.  It is SOOOOO cool to be able to see so well!  I never dreamed I would see this good, again.  I loved wearing them home in the car (looking off into the distance) and at the ballgames tonight.

We came straight back to watch 4 basketball games in Hobart.  I absolutely love watching the kids play who I've had in class all day.  It gives me a whole different perspective on them and I love it!  Now we just got home and the Thunder is playing another late game.  I sub in the morning for the same coach, so I don't have to be there until 9.  I am so zonked, though.  I think he's going to have the kids watch videos tomorrow; I'll have a really hard time staying awake through the same video over and over all day.  God will help me; He always does!  He got me to this point in a fuzzy world and now I can see clearly!

Wow!  Now, I just have to learn how to adjust to putting them off and on all the time;  I suspect I will wear them either on top of my head or else on my nose.  I don't think I'd like a chain around my neck; I did that before and never liked it. We'll see.  I didn't think I wanted glasses nor that I'd wear these much, but I'm sure rethinking that when I can see SO much better with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment