Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sweet Dorothy and her Sister, Ada.

My sweet sister, Ruthie, said last night on the phone she wished I had a pic of Ada.  That struck a familiar note in my head and I remembered taking this pic.  I DIDN'T remember that it was on October 2, 2011!  I looked back through all my pix and was about to give up; I had no idea it was so far back.  David had just died on Sept. 1 and Don on Sept. 15.  It's a wonder Dorothy and I were even functioning!  Thank God for people like Ada, who gave us the sparks we needed to keep going.  Thank God for Dorothy, who has been 'joined with me at the hip' since we lost those precious guys in our lives.  My sister must have just gone home when I took this pic, because she and Phil stayed to hold my hand after Don's service.  God sends who we need when we need them!  Anyway, I wanted to share this pic of precious Ada.  She is still in the hospital and in critical condition, but she is alive!  This is 10 days after they gave her up for gone and she's able to eat, drink and even get up and walk.  She's weak, but she's alive!  God bless her!  Thank you for your prayers for Dorothy and Ada.  Dorothy is 90 and I think Ada is about 83.

I am 10 days from my first cataract surgery and 4 days from the 2nd one.  I am so loving seeing.  I see VERY well.  I see just like I have my contacts in only everything is clear and crisp and not blurry with cataracts!  What a blessing and I praise God and give Him thanks!  Don't forget to set your clocks back if you live in a state that does that!  I do, so I'd better go do it before I forget!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this picture of these sweet ladies. I only "know" Ada from you speaking of her over the years, but I know and love Dorothy; such a precious lady, and I'm sure she shares those genes with Ada! Love u! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love these sweet ladies and love their smiles! We've been so blessed to have them in our lives!

    ReplyDelete