Sunday, November 24, 2013

SNOW!

This is looking out the back door of our bedroom this morning.  This is the exact spot where I lay in the sun in warm months.  Man, what a difference!  In fact it was 70 here on Friday and then dropped 40 degrees when a cold front came, and this snow eventually followed.  What a change in temperatures!  I suspect we got about 9 inches, but some say it may be over a foot.  It's enough to cancel most everything that was supposed to happen today and it sure kept me inside!

It's been a nice day of rest for me.  I thank God for a warm place to be and for the beauty of this snow. Gretta and Elena made it to OKC yesterday afternoon and are enjoying visiting around with friends and family there.  Thankfully, they don't have much snow.  They had some sleet and it will freeze tonight, so it may get treacherous there tonight.  She and Trish and the kids are coming on Wednesday, so we're hoping the roads will be clear by then.

Hope you are all safe and warm as you read this.

2 comments:

  1. Just looking at your pictures make me want to bundle up to be warm! I'm excited about your girls and their entourage getting to be with you for TG. Thank you for all the sweet pictures and comments on your blog. I hope your new pills do the trick for keeping you well. Personally, I think it's your grateful, happy, attitude that's at work. Stay warm and hug everybody for me! Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Doris. We're so excited to be having a house full, again! This house was built for such occasions! Now, if our bodies can just hold up for all the late nights of fun, fun, fun! We'll be missing you all, but I'll pass along the hugs. Love you and yours!

    ReplyDelete