Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful for the Fun and the Energy.

Ava is such an independent little doll; I wasn't helping her do anything.  Heaven forbid!  I was tickling her in an attempt to get her to smile.  Those ringlets are completely HER.  She comes in the room on springs and the springs in her feet go clear up to her hair.  She's just such a doll!  She's just two but she acts and looks like she's about 4.  She has no idea that her brother and her cousins are older than her.  She's as big as any of them in her book.  I treasure the memories of this past visit (and all of them) to Houston!  By the way, she surprised us all by letting Lee help her into the high chair; then she wouldn't let anyone BUT help her get down or back up into it.  She's a hoot and she can pick a winning helper, too!

I've vacuumed the house today.  I made cornbread for the dressing and biscuits to eat next week.  I'm so grateful to have enough energy to get this stuff done.  There was a time when I couldn't do it, but I'm able to do it and I thank God.  I mostly thank God for the kids who are coming next week!  Gretta and Elena have made it to Oklahoma City and they're visiting Trish and friends until Wednesday when they'll come here. Yahoo!  Thanksgiving is coming to Hobart!

No comments:

Post a Comment