Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bad storms not too near here.

If you're watching the weather, it's not pretty out here tonight. There are two fatalities in the panhandle, so far. We haven't had any fatalities in the state since 1 in 2001 and 42 in 1999. We have lots of guys out there watching them and the TV stations keeping us informed of where they are, etc. We are under a watch, but not a warning. We have a good basement where we will go if we hear the siren; Don will hear it because he's a light sleeper.

Other than the weather, everything else is good here today. We worked on taxes today and made good headway. Poor Don. I'm surprised he doesn't wad me up and throw me away; he doesn't even keep score. He's amazing. He can't believe what a sloppy bookkeeper I am. I keep saying I do biscuits and gravy. I bet he'd slop that up pretty bad. He does numbers and I do biscuits and gravy; that's pretty simple to me. It amazes me how he can be so kind after I frustrate him so much with the books; then he smiles and thanks me for fixing lunch. For the mess I've made, I'd expect him to be mad for a couple of weeks or months . . . or wad me up and throw me away, like I said. I think he's a saint.

The saint is waiting on me to take a bath and get to bed. The good thing about no pictures is that the blog loads quickly for the dial up folks. Let's all be glad about that and give thanks for dial up and high speed! It's a wonderful way to communicate. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, am I really planning a trip to "tornado alley"....ha! it's not like I don't live in it already!! I'm glad you've got a basement and glad Don is a light sleeper! I'm glad he hasn't wadded you up and threw you away too...I'm sure he knows you are a "keeper". The picture of your tree yesterday was beautiful and will keep us all happy until you have another one! You've done great keeping us informed and we love you for it! Thanks to God for leading you down this path and allowing you to share it with us!

    We love you!
    Ruthie and Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ruthie, please do plan to come on to 'tornado alley.' I thought about that last night when they started with the storm reports. I think they hit there more than they do, here, though. Our basement is a great shelter, so come on! Thanks for being patient for more pictures. I keep aiming to do better, and I should have got some pitures in the sunshine today. I was all bogged down with those number details; ugh! I'll do better; hang tough with me. I know that if God isn't going to let cancer get me, He surre won't let the numbers get me! :) We are so looking forward to your visit! Love, MJ

    ReplyDelete