Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sunshine for a little weeding!

Today I didn’t even see the camera, so please be patient for a picture There was bad weather east of us today; it usually goes right through here, but we missed it! I thank God for that! A couple of people in OKC are in critical condition due to injuries from a tornado that touched there, so I may be spending some time in the basement soon. I love the basement in this weather!

Don and I actually got to go outside and do some yard work. We did as much as we could with the taxes and went outside to burn off some frustration. I got so confused on the bookkeeping stuff, today. It’s not really taxes; it’s the bookkeeping that drives me crazy. It’s just that Uncle Sam asks for details that would be right there if I had done the bookkeeping right. I had bookkeeping in high school and made an A, but I’m flunking the real life test. I laughed today until I was in tears. (Don reminded me that it wasn’t a laughing matter, Tom, so I cried.) As soon as all our information gets here in the (snail) mail, we can be done with all these details and send it to the cpas. YES! Then, I promise to do every detail right all year, this year!

I pruned my lavender plants and cleaned out all the leaves trapped in them. I never got them pruned last year and they were taking over the back walk. They may not survive the pruning. If they don’t I will miss them, but I won’t plant more. I’m not planting anything that needs attention. Lavender is pretty easy, but it does need to be pruned. Don picked up all the windmill weeds that had blown in and were packed in every corner. Little by little we’ll have the yard looking good before long. I have some iris spikes, so there will be flowers soon!

I also pulled the weeds out from under the magnolia tree. That makes me feel better; I take what happens with that magnolia really personally. Everywhere we live I plant a magnolia tree because I love the blooms. The spray guy couldn’t spray the weeds under it because it would have damaged the tree, so they had to be pulled. The magnolia tree is my mark on this place, so I’m hoping it will live. It’s been broken off (even with the ground) TWICE since we planted it, so it’s a fighter and I’m hanging in there with it. Last year it bloomed for the first time.

Happy, safe spring to everyone, and I thank God for all of you and your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment