Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tax tears.

I am so deep into taxes that I hurt. No kidding. There is nothing wrong with me, but this is pure stress for me. Poor Don, he is helping me, and what a burden it is for him! Peggy, if you are reading this, I am wearing your hat doing these numbers! Don tells me I have to have such and such number because I will want to know that. I say, “I don’t WANT to know that!” He bursts out laughing, so I laugh. Thankfully, we can laugh. I mostly felt like crying! Once he paused and said, “Maybe we should pray.” So, now, I hope YOU are laughing!

I called Trish and she had some of the numbers we needed; she is a goddess! We’ve come to a good stopping place, so we’ll get a bunch done tomorrow after church. I so want to be DONE with this, so I can enjoy spring and all of life, again.

Of course I didn’t take any pictures today. I should take a picture of the dining room table; it’s covered with papers. That’s not a pretty site, so I’ll spare us all.

All of you who are good with crunching numbers, God bless you! I thank God that we don’t all have to do that every day and that there are enough people to do it. I could make biscuits every day, but crunching numbers makes me tired. I like numbers that are cool, like when the clock says 12:34. That’s a cool number. Or when the odometer turns over to 40,000 or 45,678; those are cool. Now, numbers that add up right make me tired if I have to do the adding! I could do the problems for the grades, but it was painful all the way. Now, it irritates me to do it for the IRS. UGH! Poor Don has to cope with me through this. All this is over just getting it ready for the CPAs.

So, that’s the story, today. I hope all this stress doesn’t fire up the cancer, again! I’m counting on God to pull me through it; I know He will; He didn’t bring me this far to drop me, now! God bless us all! I’ll come up with something positive to write tomorrow; hang tough with me!

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby! Breathe. Inhale slow and deep, hold it, exhale slowly. Works for me! Get thee behind me, Taxes!
    The OU women's basketball team is still in the NCAA Tourney, Don!
    XO, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are a dear. Your technique is good. I feel like you are here helping me like when you stepped in and helped me with those mountains of grapefruit. We'll muddle through this and get them behind us. Thanks for feeling with me! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete