Sunday, March 4, 2007

Saturday March 3 Update


Okay, I’m rested. I figured it out! Dana, thanks for leaning me toward the card reader, but that’s over my head. The cord is coming, so that’ll be good. It dawned on me tonight that I could put the card into my old camera and upload it to the computer using that old camera and cord. Duh. I am so stumbling along, but I’m making it! Here are pictures we took today! This first one is Garrett and Elena.




Here’s little miss Elena having a wide awake moment:














She’s smiling, again, here. She’s such a charmer.


Okay, I’m happy, now. I can use the pictures! All is well, here. I’m having a time remembering to take my meds without the alarm on my phone to remind me. UGH. Bob is such a dear, though; he has it on the way to me. I’m totally confused about the time, anyway because we are on Easter Standard Time, here. Coming from Hawaii Time; it has me totally in a fog about time. The rest of the fog has cleared, though. A couple of good sleep nights were wonderful!

Tonight Gretta went to a fun raiser and Joe took Garrett to do some Laser thing he wanted to do. So, we got to BABY-SIT Elena! How fun was THAT?! She was perfect and didn’t need us a bit. Daddy and Garrett got home in time to feed her a bottle Mommy had pumped. She drained that and was still hungry, so I got to feed her a drink of water and she was great with that. Mommy got here just in time to make her really happy. She is really a good baby! Well, you could just ask her Grammy. Ha!

BTW, it’s snowed off and on all day here. Of course Don and I are whining. It would never have done for us to spend the winter here at home. We are becoming snowbirds and wondering where we will go for the winters for the rest of our lives. We’re not liking the idea of spending them anywhere cold!

Thank God for grandkids! I remember my grandparents with such love; I hope ours will think of us the same way. I love you all, too. Thanks for keeping up with us.

PS: The rest of the story is that I can't get connected to get this sent. Ugh. Technology is making me late, but I'll get it out sooner or later. Thanks for hanging tough with me!

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    This close up pic of Elena is just amazing. I don't think I have seen a more beautiful newborn. You provide good grandmother genes. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She is a beauty, for sure, but I think I can only take credit for the short and sleeping genes. I take what I can get; I'm really proud of her. She is really a sweet little baby, too. She only barely fusses when she's hungry. The rest of the time she looks around seeing all she can or sleeps. What a joy to get to be here with her! Thanks for 'joining us' in all our ventures, Dana!

    ReplyDelete