Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here it is: this is big news day!



The results of the full body thermogram came in the mail today and we spoke to the doctor who did it. The results are amazing! The breast shows completely clear. If I hadn’t told him I had cancer and if he didn’t see the retracted nipple he would have thought it was a clear breast scan. However, since I still have the nipple retracting, as well as there is still a lump, we have to keep watching it. The thermogram measures heat in the body due to blood flow and cancer requires a lot of blood flow. Cancer should be indicated by increased blood flow in the breast. However, I’m looking at the pictures. There is no increased blood flow in either the breast or lymph node area. Since there is still the lump and the nipple is still retracted I will continue with the aggressive oral med protocol for the next 20 weeks. I will have another thermogram done in May and we will monitor closely in the future.

The thermogram also showed my back and migraine problems (which information I had not given him), so the equipment was working. It’s all pretty amazing. The thermogram also showed no indication of any spreading of cancer anywhere else in my body.

I am committed to the diet changes I’ve made as well as the attempts to de-stress. I believe both will enhance the quality of my life and health. I can only thank God for His direction and responsibility in my healing and for the opportunity to see the need to regroup and revise my lifestyle. What a loving and generous Father we have.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will continue the blog, because the saga continues, but the acuteness is no longer there in our opinion. We feel that we are treating a more chronic sort of condition. I am acutely aware of what it feels like to have cancer in control and I don’t ever want to go there again. I will continue my diet, exercise, and maintenance oral meds for the rest of my life. The next 20 weeks will be a continuation of aggressive oral meds. I liken it to killing a fly. You know how you can swat a fly and it looks dead, but then it flies? As long as I can feel the lump, I feel like we’ve just swatted it. Even if you smash a fly to blood and guts, it may have left eggs or may have friends and family, so you don’t throw away the swatter. So, even when the lump is no longer there, I will continue prayer and a maintenance level of meds, exercise and smart diet and de-stressing for the rest of my life.

I thank God, give Him the glory and praise Him! God blesses!




No time for new pictures, but I found a couple from the laptop to share of Gretta. The first one is Gretta's family a couple of weeks ago when a photographer came to the house to make pictures. I'm sorry these aren't more clear, but it's the best I could get without getting in the way.






The next one is Gretta holding Elena on her shoulder. Gretta wanted a naked picture of Elena, but I think Elena was embarassed and scared I would put it on the blog! I think she'll forgive me because we didn't give anything away here. :) Look closely at the picture on the wall of Gretta and Garrett, made a couple of years ago.
Hey, it's raining in the area, so maybe we'll get the rain they've been promising for the last week. We sure need it. Of course hail is with it and storms, but we'll take it for the rain. We thank God for all the blessings!!!


6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Very good news! So, the family tradition of beating breast cancer lives on!

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! Keeps me smiling all day. Your sweet Big Sister sent an e-mail this morning with the news. I just squealed. Give Got the Glory! You are a fighter and that is what it takes! So keep up the taking care of yourself. We knew with all the love everyone has for you and all the Prayers and presistance on your part, you would come through with flying colors.
    With our Love and Prayers
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo & Don, how can anyone not trust and believe in God and the power of prayer. Ask and ye shall receive. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! If that thermogram didn't de-stress you (and Don), nothing will! Thank you, Jesus!!
    Oh, what a beauty Gretta is! Poor little Elena, it didn't like being unbound. We are all so blessed. Have a glorious day! Love, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Trish, it feels really good to be a part of that tradition, at this point! Thanks for all your help in getting this blog going and teaching me how to do it! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dot, I can just hear you squealing! Yes, God gets all the glory; He blesses us in so many ways that we so often don't even notice! It's so good to have you be a part of my life that understands the belief that He is so in control! Thanks for caring about us and for all your prayers and squeals and smiles! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,it's been a blessing to be reunited with you and Tom. We are so blessed that you even love our Gretta and Elena with only seeing their pictures. They are even better than their pictures, so I hope you'll get to meet them someday. They loved the rosy package you sent to them, btw! Thanks for all your love and support as God took us through this. I'm so glad He's never done with us! Thanks for celebrating with us! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete