Friday, March 23, 2007

Today has been a high stress day, but it's not bigger than God! I dug right into the taxes and I can’t find a thing I need and none of the numbers seem to match. It’s not my comfort zone, but I only want to get it done! This, too, will pass. Linda, I’m not actually doing the taxes, I’m just getting them ready to give to the CPAs. Even this is hard on me. Numbers I don’t do; remember? I do biscuits and gravy. :)

Let me share this great thing. We got 3.5 inches of rain at our house last night. That’s a good thing! The rest of that good thing is that our basement is dry! The radio station only had .75 inches and the airport (such as it is, yes, we have an airport) had about .5 inches. None of that is that far away; we just got a lucky cloud. It was such good sleeping last night with lots of rain! Even the thunder sounded good. We never had any thunder in Hawaii, so it sort of sounded cool last night. We only get about 29 inches of rain in a year, so to get 3.5 in one night was about 10% of all we’ll get this year. Of course the weeds love it! If I can get these taxes done so I can go pull them while the ground is soft I’ll be so thrilled!

Another good thing: a friend came today and she knows a wonderful person who might help me clean house. I’ll have to get onto her list, but it gives me hope to be on her list. I can get the house ready to let someone else do it by the time she has a slot for me. Isn’t that a hoot? Of course I can’t let someone come in here to help me clean until I get it clean, right? All you women understand that, I know! About 15 years ago Don gave me a housekeeper for a year for Christmas, but I never called anyone to do it because I couldn’t ever get the house clean enough. How dumb is that? I confess; I’m that dumb. But, I’m getting over it. If she has an opening next week, I’m letting her come right into the mess we have and she can help me get it clean! I’m growing up, but it’s tough!

I’m going to keep better records for the taxes for next year, too. Man, growing up is really hard, but I’m getting there.


Thanks for stopping by to check on us. We’re doing great. We’ve got cancer on the run, so everything else is small stuff. God blesses us all so much. I am grateful for a computer and some skills to work it and know when it’s not working right! I am re-grouping so that I will have less stress and be a better steward of my life. God is working on me; I’m glad He’s not finished with me! Have a great weekend! Here is a picture of the buffalo at the reserve last spring. It’s about 45 minutes from our house, so come to see us and we’ll show you!


No comments:

Post a Comment