Saturday, March 31, 2007

Breakfast at the Kozy Diner



Today was a beautiful day! We started the day out eating at the Kozy Diner with some of the Canasta group. One who we missed last night joined us for a bit. I took pictures and included these great friends. They are all a big part of our lives in Hobart, so you may see them often. The Kozy Diner is the place to have breakfast if we’re not making it; everyone feels at home there and enjoys the food and atmosphere.

After breakfast I needed to shop for a wedding shower I missed last week and one that was this afternoon. Before the shower I got to work in the yard. I pulled lots of weeds and picked up the branches that Don cut off the crepe myrtles and took them to the dumpster. It really feels good to get some time to work in the yard. I hate when the yard is getting away from me, so it’s a big relief to think I’m getting control of it, again. I still have a lot to do, but I can do a lot tomorrow if it doesn’t rain. The rain we’ve had makes the dirt really soft so the weeds pull easy. I’m so thankful! God is good to me!

I got some more cleaning done in the house, too. A little each day and I’ll get this whipped. You’re all probably wondering why we have so much cleaning to do! Remember, we left for Tijuana in a rush, so we packed and left everything just as it was. Then the house sat here for 4 months collecting dust. PLUS, we’re making real life style changes, and looking to downsize when the time is right. That means we have collected lots of things over the years that we need to make disappear. I know to never wear an under wire bra again, so I’m pulling all the wires out of my bras and trashing lots. (You’ve got to be tough to read this blog!) I’m also pulling out lots of clothes that I will never wear to take to Searchlight, a local thrift store in town. I’ve got a box in the garage for garage sale things, etc. I’m sorting as I go with the intent of making life simpler in the future. We’d like a much smaller place somewhere without a yard where the sun shines every day, so we’re keeping our eyes and ears open. We can get sunshine about 8 months of the year here, so we’ll snowbird until we can figure a better place to live.

I’m getting accustomed to the Essiac Tea. I feel like I’m playing mud pies and drinking the water, but I can do it. Maybe I’ll actually like it some day.

The pictures below are from the Kozy Diner this morning. The first one is me with Joan, and Dorothy. Joan is our dear friend who watches the house when we’re gone and picks up our mail and gets it to us. Dorothy is our dear friend who has macular degeneration. She lets me cut her hair, so we are pretty close. I mean, you just don’t let anyone cut your hair! She and David have traveled with us when they were healthy enough; we’d love to have them go everywhere with us.

The second picture is Joan and then Dorothy and her husband, David. Beside David are Frank and then his wife, Jo Ann. They’re the kind of friends who organize a hayride for all your grandkids when you mention your four year old would like to ride in a tractor. The kids ended up getting to DRIVE the tractor, plus have a hayride, a picnic and go fishing at their pond! These are the kind of people we go through thick and thin with, arm in arm . . . like all of you! Among my blessings I count you all and thank God!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Palm Sunday morning to Jo and Don: Jo, please, a little more detail re underwires !! So glad you finally got the tax stressor out of your house! Beautiful spring here in Tennessee with dogwood, redbud and azaleas blooming. XXOO Linda/Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, I'm likely paranoid; also, I have to admit I'm one of those '60's kids who HATE bras at all, so any suggestion that we shouldn't wear them is music to my ears! There are those who think they may contribute to breast cancer, so I'm willing to get rid of all the wires I have. Check this site for more info:
    http://www.brafree.org/bfresearch.htm

    Oh, my goodness! I forgot about the beautiful dogwoods! I love them right up there with magnolias! I planted a dogwood here, but it didn't survive; they really need more water than we get here. They are so gorgeous year round; I love the spring and the fall, but even when they are empty they have such interesting shapes, I think. Enjoy them for me! Azaleas are awesome, too. I enjoyed them so much when we lived in Baton Rouge and had a bunch. They need more humidity than we have here, too. There are some few dogwoods and azaleas, but they are high maintenance here. Enjoy all that beauty for me! Thanks for keeping up with us! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete