Sunday, March 18, 2007

Saturday March 17 Update


Trish was gone last night and today, so I took a break from the blog last night. I can’t even remember what we did yesterday, but I think it was go through mail and unpack a few more things. Unpacking is easy for Don, but he only has his clothes to put away. I have my clothes, the meds, the herbs, and the business to unpack. Besides unpacking and putting away I have the laundry, the cooking and the cleaning to do. Besides, I’m de-stressing. Something is wrong with the picture, but I haven’t figured out just how to repaint the picture.

We did go play canasta last night, but the guys beat us! Ugh. It was still fun. We went again tonight and the women beat the guys. I think it’s only fair. It’s always fun. Today I took a vase of flowers from the yard. I mostly overlooked the weeds (only pulled a few) and cut some daffodils and hyacinths to take to Jo Ann. Don took a picture of Jo Ann and I holding the flowers; it’s the second shot on tonight’s blog. I cropped the vase so you could see it up close. It’s probably no big deal to anyone but me, but I love those flowers. They come up every year without a bit of coaxing or attention. Those are my kind of flowers. I enjoyed them in the kitchen today and then took them for Jo Ann to enjoy. Notice the mountain behind us in that picture. That’s on their farm. We love those mountains around here. You think they don’t look like mountains? I didn’t either until I climbed them; they’re mountains! (Check out that gorgeous, clear, blue sky, too. It was in the 70’s here today and little or no wind. It was a day to compete with Hawaii days; I’m counting blessings!)

The first picture is my Japanese magnolia in bloom. It’s one of my favorite things, too. I’m pretty proud of it for making it here in this dry country. I fell in love with Japanese magnolias when we lived in Baton Rouge. I’m happy to be able to have it here with us.

I found most of my ‘stuff’ for taxes today. I’ll be working tomorrow to make some sense and order out of it. No stress, right? Ugh. I’m going to be way more organized NEXT year! Ha!

Thanks for caring and checking on us. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment