Monday, December 1, 2008

Home!


This is a picture Phil took in their kitchen while we were visiting; you can tell I was so at home there! It's great to be home, though. My memory foam on the bed is calling me!


We left at 7 this morning and got home at 10 tonight, so that's a 15 hour trip for us. We stopped to eat 3 times and stopped at Tricia's house for a couple of hours, so it wasn't all driving time. The visit with Trish and her family was great. Rob was home, so we got to visit with him, so that was nice; often when we stop he's working. We got to see all the kids and that's unusual because someone is usually off visiting or working or at school. Gabe made my day when we pulled up and he said, "Hey, Poppy, who is that pretty woman with all the hair you've got with you?" He's such a charmer and it works for me!

We're headed to bed, but I wanted to post right quick. I so thank God for this trip and for safe traveling. All the people we visited are such blessings to us and it was wonderful to see them!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time and that you are home safe and sound. Brrrr, it's cold outside walking....I walked for 1 hour and 15 minutes yesterday, my ears were cold but that was all...and I even had a bucket hat on. Today I wear my fleece head band thingy.
    Love you Sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, it's good to hear from you. I'm so proud of you for walking even in the cold. I sure wish we could do it together!

    When do you leave for Disney? I hope it'll be warm for you there.

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...look at all the hair on that woman...Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your graying locks. I like it Maryjo..look great on you. dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dana! You keep encouraging me! This long hair is a new trip for me. I haven't had long hair in forever and I never had curls. It's a learning experience. Learning isn't so easy, but I'm working on it.

    Thanks so much for your support!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete