Sunday, December 28, 2008

All settled into 'home' for a month.


Tonight’s picture is Elena ‘feeling’ her way through a book. She is something else. She doesn’t do anything a little bit; she does it with intensity. She doesn’t just look at a book, she looks, studies it and feels of all the pages. She’s an interesting little person! See that push toy under the window? She works that thing like a professional. I never saw a child get more use out of her toys!

We got moved into our home for the next month. It feels good! I’ve got a load of clothes washing already. That always makes me feel at home! We’re all unpacked and put together except I’m washing our sheets and will put them on the bed. Of course they have sheets on the bed but we always use our own because theirs are washed in some detergent and Don is allergic to detergent. We use laundry discs. Besides, I have T-shirt sheets for winter and we love those, so they’re in the wash. Once the bed is made we’ll be set.

Well, I’ll make something for supper. Then THE BUCKET LIST is on TV tonight! Everyone but us has seen it, I think. It’s on at 11, so we might not see it all tonight. It’s on again Wednesday morning at 7:30, so we can watch the rest of it then if we can’t stay awake for it all tonight. Everyone tells me we should see it, so I’m looking forward to it.

I haven’t done any of my exercises today, so I’ve got to get them done. We did some shopping and went out to eat lunch while we waited to check into our unit. That walking is going to have to pass for my walking today and I’ll make up for it later this week. It’s supposed to be warm for a few days.

Bill and Olya, our neighbors from home are coming later this week for just a couple of days. We’re so excited that they can come. They have Sonia and Sasha, who will give us a grandkid fix. Bill is also our preacher; he’s also the ‘marine’ who noticed we had a burglar and called the cops when we were gone to Vegas. They are the best neighbors ever, so we’re really excited that they are coming. We sure thank God for them in our lives and to have them join us here is a special treat.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Bill and Olya are coming! I feel bad for not being able to come, but you know our situation right now! Pretty bad! No luck with a job yet, but I just sent me resume' out to three different companies today! Say a prayer! I will have my hair license back in February hopefully and will be able to at least start at a salon! I love you all!

    Jilly

    P.S. Thanks again for all you've done mom.....above and beyond the call of duty for a mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sweet Jilly! You know there is nothing about duty when it comes to being a mother. You just be and give thanks for the best you can do and for the precious kids and grandkids!

    We miss you, but we understand that this is not a good time for travel. Just because it works for us doesn't mean it works for everyone. We'll do it another time and you can join us then.

    Good luck with your job hunting. You'll come up with the right thing and soon you'll be wowing them in the salon, again. Someone with a bad haircut is praying to find you!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah me, Jilly!!!!!


    (Aunt Ruthie)

    ReplyDelete